WELCOME TO THE ATO
Preventing Suicides With Training, Faith & Action
Our Suicide Awareness Training program teaches how to reduce the risk of suicide by recognizing signs, asking tough questions, and connecting those at risk to an intervention resource for more specialized support. Our current focus is on communities like military veterans and first responders. The life-saving skills learned using SafeTalk
Our Suicide Awareness Training program teaches how to reduce the risk of suicide by recognizing signs, asking tough questions, and connecting those at risk to an intervention resource for more specialized support. Our current focus is on communities like military veterans and first responders. The life-saving skills learned using SafeTalk techniques are perfect for organizations and individuals serious about suicide prevention.
2. A.T.O. CONFERENCES - An interactive conference & social media campaign for 12 to 24 year-olds designed to eliminate suicide as an option. Complete with sporting events, a concert, motivational life speakers, prizes & more!
3. Humanitarian Outreach - We understand there may be socio-economic factors that contribute to a high suicide rates within a region. This is why we also get involved with humanitarian efforts like serving & giving to the poor & abused internationally. We appreciate our partners who contribute to The A.T.O.! Together we have donated food & supplies to places like an Orphanage & Widow’s Home in Sierra Leone to the Soweto Slums in Nairobi, Kenya.
The A.T.O.'s vision is to prevent suicides while providing humanitarian aid to those who are in need in the United States & globally.
* Our Mission & Commitment is to...
1. Identify regions with high suicide rates.
2. Connect mental health professionals, clergy & community leaders together to generate solutions.
3. Speak & help forecast a hopeful & purpose filled life to those in despair. We also provide humanitarian aid in affected areas and spread hope on social media.
1. COMMUNITY CONNECTIONS
Community Connections are completed on three levels.
LEVEL 1: TRAINING FOR ORGANIZATIONS
LEVEL 2: TRAINING FOR INDIVIDUALS
LEVEL 3: COMMUNITY OUTREACH PLANNING
Click below to learn more.
Our Co-Founder and Director of Conferences / Training Dept., Donald F. Walker Jr. is a decorated Air Force Veteran. With 10 years of experience as a Youth Ministey Director he has spent many days and nights mentoring teenagers suffering from depression and suicidal tendencies. He started The A.T.O. 501(c)3 while completing a B.A. in Pastoral Studies. To schedule a speaker to speak at your conference, event or venue just email TheATOoutreach@theato.org
Our Co-Founder and Director of Community Connections Dept., Khiedrae M.D. Walker is a licensed attorney. She has represented individuals & businesses in underserved communities during times of economic & social need. In her past role as a nonprofit attorney, she utilized community lawyering to distribute necessary information to the masses & to connect community leaders, organizations & community members. Her skills as an attorney and ministry leader make her a natural fit to effectively bring people & organizations together to develop meaningful relationships & solutions. Click below to learn more about Community Connections…
For volunteer or internship opportunities with The A.T.O. click below.
Sunshine Skyway Lane South, Saint Petersburg,
© 2020 ATO*REVIVALCENTER*EW Global*Rights Reserved