Our Mission at The A.T.O. is to stop suicides in the United States and internationally.
1. Identify regions with high suicide rates.
2. Connect mental health professionals, youth workers, and community leaders together to generate solutions.
3. Market hope and a purpose filled life to those in despair in affected areas and on social media.
1. COMMUNITY CONNECTIONS - We coordinate a meeting and seminar with key community leaders, mental health therapist and the local populous. We inform the community of suicide trends (signs and statistics), signs of mental health issues, and how to de-escalate potential suicides and confrontations. Designed to connect a community with reliable resources that combat the suicide epidemic and mental health issues in ANY region within the U.S. Click here for more.
2. A.T.O. CONFERENCES - An interactive conference & social media campaign for 12 to 24 year-olds designed to eliminate suicide as an option. Complete with sporting events, a concert, motivational life speakers, prizes and more! Click here to watch the conference video and learn more.
Sign up to hear from us about community events, speaking engagements and everything new! Enter your email to Subscribe.
Our Co-Founder and Director of Conferences / Speaking Engagements, Donald F. Walker Jr. is a decorated Air Force Veteran. With 10 years of experience as a Youth Minister he has spent many days and nights mentoring teenagers suffering from depression and suicidal tendencies. He started The A.T.O. as a faith-based 501(c)3 while completing a B.A. in Pastoral Studies. To hear “Life Messages” or schedule a speaker to speak at your conference, event or venue click below…
Our Co-Founder and Director of Community Connections, Khiedrae M.D. Walker is a licensed attorney. She has represented individuals and businesses in underserved communities during times of economic and social need. In her past role as a nonprofit attorney, she utilized community lawyering to distribute necessary information to the masses and to connect community leaders, organizations, and community members. Her skills as an attorney and ministry leader make her a natural fit to effectively bring people and organizations together to develop meaningful relationships and solutions. Click below to learn more about Community Connections…
Our Director of Internships, Bria A. Dixon has a vast knowledge of internship qualifications and processes. After receiving a full scholarship to Xavier University, she studied abroad 2 semesters in China and London. Before graduating with a B.A. in Political Science she completed a lucrative internship in Washington D.C. at The Institute of World Politics in the president’s office as his Primary Research Assistant. Her experience and passion to save lives is a perfect fit our Internship Department. Click below to learn more about our internships...
P.O. Box 84, Lithia, Florida 33547