WELCOME TO THE AIRWAVE TAKE OVER
Preventing Suicides Using Faith & Action
Part of our international assignment is to locate regions hit hard by suicides & provide humanitarian aid. We have partnered with organizations in Kenya, Africa to reduce suicides & bring hope through food, supplies & material.
CLICK BELOW TO LEARN MORE.
Scroll down or click a link in the navigation section to learn more about the #SuicideDefeated activities in the United States & internationally! As we begin homeless outreach in Saint Petersburg, Florida partner with us by donating funds to help train & certify instructors for suicide awareness/ intervention training.
CLICK BELOW TO CONTRIBUTE
The A.T.O.'s vision is to Prevent Suicides by using Faith & Action in the United States & Globally while providing humanitarian aid to those who are in need.
"For I know the thoughts I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you.
... in time past you walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air...
THIS IS AN AIRWAVE TAKE OVER!!
* Our Mission & Commitment is to...
1. Identify regions with high suicide rates.
2. Connect mental health professionals, clergy & community leaders together to generate solutions.
3. Speak & help forecast a hopeful & purpose filled life to those in despair. We also provide humanitarian aid in affected areas and spread hope on social media in Jesus' name.
1. COMMUNITY CONNECTIONS - We coordinate a meeting or seminar with key leaders, mental health therapist or the local clergy. We inform the community of suicide trends, signs & statistics. This plan is designed to connect a community with reliable resources that combat the suicide epidemic in ANY region internationally.
Community Connections are completed on three levels.
LEVEL 1: TRAINING FOR ORGANIZATIONAL LEADERSHIP.
LEVEL 2: TRAINING FOR A WHOLE ORGANIZATION OR CONGREGATION.
LEVEL 3: COMMUNITY OUTREACH PLANNING
Click below to learn more.
2. A.T.O. CONFERENCES - An interactive conference & social media campaign for 12 to 24 year-olds designed to eliminate suicide as an option. Complete with sporting events, a concert, motivational life speakers, prizes & more! Click here to watch the conference video and learn more.
3. Humanitarian Outreach - We understand there may be socio-economic factors that contribute to a high suicide rates within a region. This is why we also get involved with humanitarian efforts like serving & giving to the poor & abused internationally. We appreciate our partners who contribute to The A.T.O.! Together we have donated food & supplies to places like an Orphanage & Widow’s Home in Sierra Leone to the Soweto Slums in Nairobi, Kenya.
Our Co-Founder and Director of Conferences / Speaking Engagement Dept., Donald F. Walker Jr. is a decorated Air Force Veteran. With 10 years of experience as a Youth Minister he has spent many days and nights mentoring teenagers suffering from depression and suicidal tendencies. He started The A.T.O. as a faith-based 501(c)3 while completing a B.A. in Pastoral Studies. To schedule a speaker to speak at your conference, event or venue click here <--
To hear “Life Messages” click the button below…
Our Co-Founder and Director of Community Connections Dept., Khiedrae M.D. Walker is a licensed attorney. She has represented individuals & businesses in underserved communities during times of economic & social need. In her past role as a nonprofit attorney, she utilized community lawyering to distribute necessary information to the masses & to connect community leaders, organizations & community members. Her skills as an attorney and ministry leader make her a natural fit to effectively bring people & organizations together to develop meaningful relationships & solutions. Click below to learn more about Community Connections…
Our Director of the Volunteer & Internship Dept., Bria A. Dixon has a vast knowledge of internship qualifications & processes. After receiving a full scholarship to Xavier University, she studied abroad 2 semesters in China & London. Before graduating with a B.A. in Political Science she completed a lucrative internship in Washington D.C. at The Institute of World Politics in the president’s office as his Primary Research Assistant. Her experience and passion to save lives is a perfect fit our this Department. Click below to learn more Work Study & our internships...
Sign up here & subscribe to learn about events and everything new! Enter your email to Subscribe.
THE A.T.O. Conference Events are Awesome. The clips in the video are from the event in Louisiana. This interactive event is free!!! The A.T.O. Conferences consist of a full length Drama Play, concert, sporting activities, anti-suicide Life Speakers, and many prizes for youth. Future events coming to Tokyo, Seoul, San Francisco, St. Petersburg, etc. We have 1 goal, to stop suicides in the United States and internationally.
The purpose of THE A.T.O. Conferences is to bring awareness to the many suicides among teenagers and young adults. We have a goal of raising $2.1 million to spread the word about ending teen suicides across America as well as a life changing concert event in one of the hardest hit areas of the world, Tokyo, Japan. We began in St. Tammany Parish, Louisiana, an area with an extreemly high rate of teen suicides. With over 17 teen suicides in a 6 year period (2006-2012), THIS HAD TO STOP!! Join the fight with us & become a sponsor and partner by clicking the Donation tab.
The Airwave Take Over outreach has completed a 14-Mile WALK-A-THON thoughout the summer of 2013 through the month of September, suicide prevention month. Our directors, interns, and church community were successfull in walking & praying within each town that makes up St Tammany Parish. We believed Joshua 1:3 "Every place that the sole of your foot will tread upon I have given you, as I said to Moses.", would be in operation as we prayed in each area of St. Tammany Parish and as we prayed our belief was that the teen suicides would stop. As a partner in reporting statistics, the local Coroner's office released astounding news that teen suicides dropped to absolutely zero teen suicides from January 2013 until January 2016, when our prayer campaign began until we expanded across the Louisiana borders. With God's grace we will spread this passion across America and overseas!
With support from our sponsors we were able to produce a state of the art drama play to stop teen suicides, we gave $1,000 to S.T.O.P.S. (Saint Tammany Parish Organization for the Prevention of Suicides). We gave $500 through a pizza sale to support a mission in Sierra Leone, Africa for widows and poor children. We also sponsored a slam dunk contest and a 3-point compitition, each with a $250 grand prize. Finally prizes like the iPad, Playstation 2, X-box, Grand Movie tickets, tickets to the New Orleans Audubon Zoo, and much more! Donate to join the movement!
OUR LOUISIANA SPONSORS WERE:
Sam's Club of Slidell, Living The Word International, Grand Movie Theaters, Slidell Magazine, K. B. Kaufmann Construction, Journey Church, Ekem Healthcare, B.I.G. Art Productions, New Orleans Audobon Zoo.
To visit the Conference Website click below.
We have chosen to bring large scale conferences to these cities to stop the high suicide rates. If you are from these areas or want to partner with us to bring a conference to these cities please DROP US A LINE below...
We have a strategy that will create change and Take Over the Airwaves.
Sunshine Skyway Lane South, Saint Petersburg, Florida 33711, United States
Sunshine Skyway Lane South, Saint Petersburg,
COLLEGE STUDENTS ARE AWESOME!
- Our college interns & volunteers are awesome too! One of our goals is to ensure they are the backbone of our operations. They will accomplish everything from conducting research & connecting with community leaders to building social media campaigns.
- At this time all students & volunteers can work remotely from the comfort of their homes or college dorms. If you have a computer or access to a campus library, you can participate in one of our internships & volunteer programs.
- Acceptance into our programs depends on your college major, cumulative GPA, and other factors. Students & volunteers please open the Informational / Internship - Work Study Qualification document below.
Internship Application and Informational / Internship Qualification document
(1) All potential volunteers & interns must read the Informational / Internship Qualification document and ensure you qualify. (Apply anyways, we believe in grace and favor)
PDF and Microsoft Word documents available.
(2) Complete the Internship Application below.
Start a Conversation with the T-shirt then...
send them to AirwaveTakeOver.com. Funds received support our nonprofit operations. JUST CLICK THE PICTURE!
“No More Chains” the book, by author and Pastor Chiquita Weathersby. This is a book that explains how the author was delivered from thoughts of suicide and how she got freedom from rejection and depression God’s way. JUST CLICK THE PICTURE!
Order your certificate for a box of Krispy Kreme donuts. 100% of all proceeds go to The ATO. Just email TheATOoutreach@gmail.com and tell us...
1. How many boxes you would like ($10 each)
2. Your mailing address
3. Your full name.
© 2019 The ATO & EW Global - All Rights Reserved