WELCOME TO THE AIRWAVE TAKE OVER
Preventing Suicides Using Faith & Action
Part of our international assignment is to locate regions hit hard by suicides and provide humanitarian aid. We have partnered with organizations in Kenya, Africa to reduce suicides and bring hope through food, supplies and material.
CLICK BELOW TO LEARN MORE.
Scroll down or click a link in the navigation section to learn more about the #SuicideDefeated activities in the United States and internationally! Also partner with us by donating funds to help us train and certify instructors for suicide awareness/ intervention training.
🏾CLICK BELOW TO DONATE.
The A.T.O. is called to Prevent Suicides by using Faith & Action within the United States and Globally while providing humanitarian aid to those who are in need.
Our Mission is to...
1. Identify regions with high suicide rates.
2. Connect mental health professionals, clergy and community leaders together to generate solutions.
3. Speak and help forecast a hopeful and a purpose filled life to those in despair. We also provide humanitarian aid in affected areas and spread hope on social media in Jesus' name.
1. COMMUNITY CONNECTIONS - We coordinate a meeting and seminar with key community leaders, mental health therapist and the local clergy. We inform the community of suicide trends (signs and statistics). Designed to connect a community with reliable resources that combat the suicide epidemic in ANY region internationally. Click here for more.
2. A.T.O. CONFERENCES - An interactive conference & social media campaign for 12 to 24 year-olds designed to eliminate suicide as an option. Complete with sporting events, a concert, motivational life speakers, prizes and more! Click here to watch the conference video and learn more.
3. Humanitarian Outreach - We understand there may be socio-economical factors that contribute to a high suicide rateS within a region. This is why we also get involved with humanitarian efforts like serving & giving to the poor and abused internationally. We appreciate our partners who contribute to The A.T.O.! We have donated food and supplies to places like an Orphanage & Widow’s Home in Sierra Leone to the Soweto Slums in Nairobi, Kenya to make a difference. CLICK HERE for more info. The leader of our Kenya mission trip is Andre Butler. He released music on the Moments Album that brings healing. Click below to listen
Our Co-Founder and Director of Conferences / Speaking Engagement Dept., Donald F. Walker Jr. is a decorated Air Force Veteran. With 10 years of experience as a Youth Minister he has spent many days and nights mentoring teenagers suffering from depression and suicidal tendencies. He started The A.T.O. as a faith-based 501(c)3 while completing a B.A. in Pastoral Studies. To schedule a speaker to speak at your conference, event or venue please click here. <—
To hear “Life Messages” click the button below…
Our Co-Founder and Director of Community Connections Dept., Khiedrae M.D. Walker is a licensed attorney. She has represented individuals and businesses in underserved communities during times of economic and social need. In her past role as a nonprofit attorney, she utilized community lawyering to distribute necessary information to the masses and to connect community leaders, organizations, and community members. Her skills as an attorney and ministry leader make her a natural fit to effectively bring people and organizations together to develop meaningful relationships and solutions. Click below to learn more about Community Connections…
Our Director of the Volunteer & Internship Dept., Bria A. Dixon has a vast knowledge of internship qualifications and processes. After receiving a full scholarship to Xavier University, she studied abroad 2 semesters in China and London. Before graduating with a B.A. in Political Science she completed a lucrative internship in Washington D.C. at The Institute of World Politics in the president’s office as his Primary Research Assistant. Her experience and passion to save lives is a perfect fit our this Department. Click below to learn more Work Study and our internships...
Sign up here & subscribe to learn about events and everything new! Enter your email to Subscribe.
This YouTube Playlist is life changing! Tell a family member & struggling friend about our 10 MINUTE LIFE MESSAGES
THE A.T.O. Conference Events are Awesome. The clips in the video are from the event in Louisiana. This interactive event is free!!! The A.T.O. Conferences consist of a full length Drama Play, concert, sporting activities, anti-suicide Life Speakers, and many prizes for youth. Future events coming to Tokyo, Seoul, San Francisco, St. Petersburg, etc. We have 1 goal, to stop suicides in the United States and internationally.
The purpose of THE A.T.O. Conferences is to bring awareness to the many suicides among teenagers and young adults. We have a goal of raising $2.1 million to spread the word about ending teen suicides across America as well as a life changing concert event in one of the hardest hit areas of the world, Tokyo, Japan. We began in St. Tammany Parish, Louisiana, an area with an extreemly high rate of teen suicides. With over 17 teen suicides in a 6 year period (2006-2012), THIS HAD TO STOP!! Join the fight with us & become a sponsor and partner by clicking the Donation tab.
The Airwave Take Over outreach has completed a 14-Mile WALK-A-THON thoughout the summer of 2013 through the month of September, suicide prevention month. Our directors, interns, and church community were successfull in walking & praying within each town that makes up St Tammany Parish. We believed Joshua 1:3 "Every place that the sole of your foot will tread upon I have given you, as I said to Moses.", would be in operation as we prayed in each area of St. Tammany Parish and as we prayed our belief was that the teen suicides would stop. As a partner in reporting statistics, the local Coroner's office released astounding news that teen suicides dropped to absolutely zero teen suicides from January 2013 until January 2016, when our prayer campaign began until we expanded across the Louisiana borders. With God's grace we will spread this passion across America and overseas!
With support from our sponsors we were able to produce a state of the art drama play to stop teen suicides, we gave $1,000 to S.T.O.P.S. (Saint Tammany Parish Organization for the Prevention of Suicides). We gave $500 through a pizza sale to support a mission in Sierra Leone, Africa for widows and poor children. We also sponsored a slam dunk contest and a 3-point compitition, each with a $250 grand prize. Finally prizes like the iPad, Playstation 2, X-box, Grand Movie tickets, tickets to the New Orleans Audubon Zoo, and much more! Donate to join the movement!
OUR LOUISIANA SPONSORS WERE:
Sam's Club of Slidell, Living The Word International, Grand Movie Theaters, Slidell Magazine, K. B. Kaufmann Construction, Journey Church, Ekem Healthcare, B.I.G. Art Productions, New Orleans Audobon Zoo.
To visit the Conference Website click below.
We have chosen to bring large scale conferences to these cities to stop the high suicide rates. If you are from these areas or want to partner with us to bring a conference to these cities please DROP US A LINE below...
We have a strategy that will create change and Take Over the Airwaves.
Sunshine Skyway Lane South, Saint Petersburg, Florida 33711, United States
Copyright © 2018 The A.T.O. - All Rights Reserved