The ATO is declaring a fast for 24 hours on September 27th. We are only partaking in water from midnight to midnight. This fast is historic as the last Thursday of September is when Abraham Lincoln declared a national fast. It was a state of emergency as the first Battle of Bull Run in the Civil War was lost to the evil ideology of the confederate army. The war was fought with prayer and fasting and the north won the war. I, Minister Donald Walker proclaim a fast with prayers going directly to the throne room of God on the last Thursday of September, suicide awareness month for #SuicideDefeated. We are also preparing for our mission trip to Kenya, Africa. (👈🏾Click to learn more)
Scroll down or click a link in the navigation section to learn more about the ministry activities in the United States and internationally! Also partner with us to train and certify instructors for suicide awareness/intervention trainers, total costs for the training is $15,000 (👈🏾Click here to donate)
The vision statement at The A.T.O. is to stop suicides in the United States and internationally. Also helping those afflicted and those suffering through outreach, in Jesus’ name.
Our Mission is to...
1. Identify regions with high suicide rates.
2. Connect mental health professionals, clergy and community leaders together to generate solutions.
3. Speak and help forecast a hopeful and a purpose filled life to those in despair in affected areas and on social media.
1. COMMUNITY CONNECTIONS - We coordinate a meeting and seminar with key community leaders, mental health therapist and the local clergy. We inform the community of suicide trends (signs and statistics). Designed to connect a community with reliable resources that combat the suicide epidemic in ANY region internationally. Click here for more.
2. A.T.O. CONFERENCES - An interactive conference & social media campaign for 12 to 24 year-olds designed to eliminate suicide as an option. Complete with sporting events, a concert, motivational life speakers, prizes and more! Click here to watch the conference video and learn more.
3. Outreach - We also get involved with humanitarian efforts like serving & giving to the poor and abused internationally. click here for more info.
Our Co-Founder and Director of Conferences / Speaking Engagement Dept., Donald F. Walker Jr. is a decorated Air Force Veteran. With 10 years of experience as a Youth Minister he has spent many days and nights mentoring teenagers suffering from depression and suicidal tendencies. He started The A.T.O. as a faith-based 501(c)3 while completing a B.A. in Pastoral Studies. To hear “Life Messages” or schedule a speaker to speak at your conference, event or venue click below…
Our Co-Founder and Director of Community Connections Dept., Khiedrae M.D. Walker is a licensed attorney. She has represented individuals and businesses in underserved communities during times of economic and social need. In her past role as a nonprofit attorney, she utilized community lawyering to distribute necessary information to the masses and to connect community leaders, organizations, and community members. Her skills as an attorney and ministry leader make her a natural fit to effectively bring people and organizations together to develop meaningful relationships and solutions. Click below to learn more about Community Connections…
Our Director of the Internships & Work Study Dept., Bria A. Dixon has a vast knowledge of internship qualifications and processes. After receiving a full scholarship to Xavier University, she studied abroad 2 semesters in China and London. Before graduating with a B.A. in Political Science she completed a lucrative internship in Washington D.C. at The Institute of World Politics in the president’s office as his Primary Research Assistant. Her experience and passion to save lives is a perfect fit our this Department. Click below to learn more Work Study and our internships...
Sign up to hear from us about events, speaking engagements and everything new! Enter your email to Subscribe.
Copyright © 2018 The A.T.O. - All Rights Reserved